Crew camping available
Free Lunch Provided
Gates Team & Festival Stewarding
Location: Temple Valley, Winchester SO21 1HW
Volunteer Arrival Date: Tue 6th August
Volunteer Departure Date: Mon 12th August
Shifts: No more than 3 x 8 hour shifts
About: Boomtown is a city like no other! This Winchester festival is a utopia where normality is left at the gates. From bass and beyond, Boomtown is a UK festival experience you can’t afford to miss!
Roles and Responsibilities:
Gates Teams: Our Gates Teams are the first point of contact for all festival-goers on arrival – it’s up to us to give them a warm welcome and set a positive tone for their festival experience!
Includes: Welcome Team, Ticket Scanning, Wristbanding, Queue Stewarding
This role includes:
- Welcome Team: Stewards will work at the entry points and routes to an event site, ensuring festival-goers know where and how to enter the event safely and quickly.
- Ticket Scanning: Stewards will be responsible for scanning festival-goers’ tickets when they enter the festival, as well as redirecting issues and queries to the relevant location/people.
- Wristbanding: At festivals where wristbands are provided, these stewards will work with the ticket scanners to wristband festival-goers.
- Queue Stewarding: Stewards will be responsible for helping to manage queues at points of entry to the festival. This includes directing people to the correct queues for their ticket type, directing the crowd to the designated queuing area and ensuring general welfare is available at the perimeter of the site.
These role profiles are designed to give you a good idea of what it will be like volunteering with us on site, however due to the ever changing nature of festivals and events, our team is expected to be flexible and therefore roles are subject to change or adaptation to meet the events needs.
Festival stewarding is great fun, but it’s also physically demanding. The majority of our volunteer roles will require you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift.
REGULAR SHIFT TEAM
If you want to apply for our Regular Shift Team, you must be able to arrive on Tuesday 6th August. Click apply now and head over to PAAM and complete your application.
💗 APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER OPEN FOR EARLY SHIFT TEAM! 💗
In addition to our Regular Shift Team between Tuesday 6th and Monday 12th August, we have a number of roles available allowing you to start your volunteer shifts as early as Monday 5th August.
For a chance to be part of our Early Shift Team you need to follow these steps:
- Complete your application in full for the Regular Shift Team and pay your deposit on PAAM
- Before applying for the Early Shift Team please ensure you are available to arrive on Sunday 4th August.
- Fill out the request form here (Please note: this will not be active until the 31st January)
- If you are applying for the Early Shift Team with a group of friends, please include their names and email addresses on your request. Each of your friends must also follow steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 individually to be considered.
- The My Cause UK team will email you with confirmation of your place on the Early Shift Team in due course.
Early Shift Team
- Applying for a place on our Early Shift Team does not mean that all of your shifts will be complete before the public arrives.
- If you apply for an Early Shift position, but are not allocated one, you will be automatically allocated a position on our Regular Shift Team. Should you not wish to join this team, our standard cancellation terms and conditions will apply to all applicants.
- If you are accepted into the Early Shift Team, you will be guaranteed to complete at least 1 shift before Wednesday 7th August. You may complete more, but this is not guaranteed and is based on a randomly allocated rota.
Got any questions about volunteering? Make sure you read through our FAQ’s where we have lots of information available!