Wigan and Leigh Hospice | My Cause UK

Wigan and Leigh Hospice

Wigan and Leigh Hospice has been providing palliative care for adult patients across Wigan Borough for more than 30 years.

We are a registered charity and care for over 1,000 people with a life-limiting illness every year. We also provide care and support for those people important to our patients.

Most of our patients receive care in their own homes although we also provide care for people living in nursing or care homes and at our Hospice building in Hindley, which is a short-stay unit.

We often provide skilled care, help and support over an extended period of time to people living with a life-limiting illness.

The Hospice has excellent links with other local health and social care providers. We share our knowledge and skills with GPs, District Nurses, care home staff and other health and social care professionals through multidisciplinary working and formal education programmes. This allows our expertise to benefit those who do not access Hospice services directly.

We do not charge for our care and rely on the local community to continue to support the Hospice.

We are fortunate to be supported by around 800 volunteers whose invaluable support enables us to deliver a wide range of services.

Around 30% of our funding comes from the NHS. The rest – around 70% – comes from charitable giving including donations, fundraising and legacies.

Our aim is to extend our specialist care to everyone in Wigan and Leigh who needs our support.

Find out more at http://www.wlh.org.uk/

Why not support Wigan & Leigh Hospice at festivals in 2018





This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to the use of cookies. Click Here to find out more.